Water Colors – Craft Shack Sunday Spotlight!
I am really loving that water colors are trending up again! I am looking forward to learning some of the techniques I am seeing. It’s such a fun medium to play with! Since I am looking for ideas and techniques myself, I thought it would make the perfect Sunday Spotlight roundup for this week!
I kicked things off by trying a new technique already myself! I’ve seen a lot of the white glue resist paintings around, and I have always thought it looked like fun! So here it is, my attempt at using white glue resist painting.
After I drew the design using white school glue, I let the glue dry completely.
Then the fun part! Just use simple water colors, and fill in the paper with color! The glue was a little bit difficult to see when it was totally dry. Under a more natural lighting I think it would be easier to do. I completed this project under florescent lighting.
It obviously isn’t a masterpiece, but it was a lot of fun and that’s what matters!
Here are some more really great water color projects! I am looking forward to trying them all.
- Water color silhouettes via Pretty Prudent.
- Butterfly watercolor note cards via Sweet Paul.
- Sticker resist with water colors via Tinkerlab.
- Simple water color sentiments via Damask love.
- Watercolor art the easy way via Tatertots & Jello.
- Paper flowers watercolor wreath via Alisa Burke.
- Wax paper resist via Housing a Forest.
- The Triad Tree via Dreamscaping with June Rollins.
- Easy Salt painting via The Moffatt Girls.
- Tissue paper “painting” via Fiskars.
- 8 water color techniques for beginners via Adventures in Making.
- DIY Agate watercolor artwork via First home love life.
Don’t forget to enter our Blogiversary giveaway here. Just a few more days until we pick a winner! (giveaway has ended, thank you!)