Happy Owloween ~ Popcorn Box Party 2016
I am so excited to be participating in my first Popcorn Box Party! Every year dozens of bloggers are sent a fun little package filled with goodies including a Popcorn Box from World Market. The only rule was that we needed to use the Popcorn box. I can’t wait to show you what I did with my box, and link up with the others to share their boxes too. There are some really really fabulous ideas!
It is no secret that I love Owls. All kinds of owls, but especially Halloween Owls. I’ve been looking for the perfect “Owloween” project to make for awhile and it turns out this was the moment! It was so much fun making this little owl popcorn box!
I used felt made by one of the sponsors of this party. Kunin Group felt. I had never used their felt before because only one store in our town carries it, and I usually shop at the store that doesn’t. That’s going to change now because this stuff is really great! *This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.*
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own super adorable Owloween Popcorn Box!
Perfect for sharing super yummy caramel puff corn (Sharing my moms amazing recipe below!)
- Popcorn Box (Mine was from World Market)
- Felt (I used Black, Silver Grey, White, Orange, Gold, and Yellow)
- Pom pom trim
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks
Trace the side of the popcorn box onto a sheet of paper and cut it out. This will be your template!
Use your popcorn box template to cut out four pieces of black felt. Glue the felt pieces to each side of the popcorn box.
What’s in my adorable Owl Popcorn Box?
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 4.5 oz bag Butter Flavored Puff Corn
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Corn Syrup, and Vanilla in a heavy pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour puffed corn into a large bowl.
- Pour boiling mixture over puffed corn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet, spread evenly, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 250° F.
- Cool and store in an airtight container
- Recipe variation: For Cinnamon Caramel Puff Corn Use ¼ Cup Molasses in place of the Corn syrup and add ½ teaspoon cinnamon extract and 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
As a fun side event, we were asked to dress up this little tube of Udderly Smooth lotion! I made my little lotion a cute Candy Corn Owl costume! This fun little costume slides off and on the tube of lotion, held in place by a small band of felt. It will make a really cute little gift to go with the Owloween Popcorn box!
Check out the other Popcorn boxes and Enter to win!
Be sure to check out all of the other amazing Popcorn boxes and recipes by clicking through the InLinkz Link Up below!
And Enter to win these amazing prizes from the super awesome sponsors of the 2016 Popcorn Box Party!